HipTest is web-based test management platform that supports continuous delivery and bridges the gap from manual to automated testing. It provides a real-time environment for creating, executing and maintaining tests.
Travis CI a hosted, distributed continuous integration service used to build and test software projects hosted at GitHub.
We used both Hiptest and Travis CI to automatically executed our python behave test cases located at GitHub and here below we will demonstrate what we learned.
Installation and Configuration
- Installation of the overall setup is fairly easy since both Travis CI and HipTest provide quite useful documentation. We had to create:
- We set Travis CI to execute all the test cases every time the repository is changed. The status page of this Travis job is publicly available to everyone python-pdf-analytics-client .
- After the execution, all the test case results are set to be uploaded to HipTest test run execution called ‘Automated execution via Travis’.
What we learned
- Both Travis CI and HipTest documentation was very useful and up-to-date based on the current configuration of their platforms
- We liked Travis CI , it is so much easier to demonstrate the features and the capabilities of the python-pdf-analytics-client library in real time using tow different python versions Python 2.7 and Python 3.6 :
- We liked HipTest too, all our test execution results are now stored stored in a single platform monitoring the performance over time is now becomes more easier