The latest version (1.1.8) of the QC – R&U for Confluence Cloud, allows the user to choose the page version control strategy.
There are two strategies to choose:
- based on the built-in Confluence page version control
- based on the page property macro based on the built-in Confluence page version control
Be aware that the chosen strategy will apply in all of your pages within the Space.
the chosen strategy will apply in all of your pages within the Space.
Based on Confluence page version control
This option does not require any more configuration. Users can just start to review pages and R&U their content.
The native Confluence page version number will be tracked by the add-on.
Based on Page Property macro
The Page Property macro can be used to keep a track of your page version.
Adding the Page Property to your page
The Page Properties macro uses key/value pairs.
To add the Page Properties macro to a page:
- In the editor, choose Insert > Other Macros > Page Properties
- In the macro body create a two column table
- In the left column list your ‘keys’ – these will be the column headings in your report table
- In the right column list the value for each key – these will populate the rows in your report table
- Save your page
Please note to use the Page Properties Macro horizontally.
Here’s how the macro looks on your page:
Setting up the parameters
Back to the Space Settings page:
In this page, we choose the ‘key’ Version to define the page version 2.5.0 . This ‘key’ should be typed in the Page Property Header field at the ‘Page Properties Settings’ section.
The “Version format” field , will allow you to define :
- how many numbers your version would have,
- 3 (Major.Minor.Review)
- 2 (Major.Minor) or
- 1 (Major)
- for which numbers, the users would require to re-confirm that they have read and understood the page.
How many numbers your version has
This could be useful, if you decide that the page version will have, in our case, 3 version numbers i.e. Major.Minor.Revision (such as 3.5.4) where
- Major number, to be increased when there are changes to a document that require the document to be re-approved(either by an individual or a group)
- Minor number, to be increased whenever there are minor document amendments, and
- Revision number, to be increased whenever there are spelling or grammar corrections,
For which version numbers, the users would require to re-confirm
The field gives the user the following options:
- The user will require to re-confirm changes in all numbers
- The user will require to re-confirm changes only when Major and Minor changes occur . Revision changes will not affect the user’s page R&U approval status
- The user will require to re-confirm changes when Major or Minor changes occur
- The user will require to re-confirm changes only when Major changes occur . Minor changes will not affect the user’s page R&U approval status.
- The user will require to re-confirm changes when Major changes occur
Still struggling to make it work ? Feel free to contact us .